Nationwide network of surveyors
Local expertise in every county of the UK
Surveyor Local are made up of more than 100 local RICS Surveyors, all of whom are expert in local issues and context. This means you will receive a much more insightful, and more useful, Homebuyer Report or Building Survey for the property you plan to buy.
We are independent of any lenders and offer the highest level of impartial and professional advice for homebuyers throughout the UK. Our surveyors are passionate about what they do and believe in sharing their local knowledge and expertise on this website to help better inform home buyers about local issues that could affect their homes.
Why does local knowledge matter?
Homes in the south-east of England are constructed with a range of materials and techniques not found in the north. The fabric of properties in Wales or the Lake District will be quite different from those in central London. Even a brick-and-tile property built in Cumbria can suffer from a completely dissimilar set of defects to an identical home built in Devon.
Local environmental conditions, local building methods and materials, and local experience with similar properties all make local advice essential.
Get an instant
home survey quote online
All surveyors regulated by RICS
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) and Building Survey FAQsAll areas of England* will enter a new lockdown from […]
- Surveyor Local’s holiday opening hoursThis article refers to a recent Home Buyers Survey. […]
- Minimise flood risk with help of building surveyCommunities across the north of England have been […]
- Don't ignore structural issues when buying a homeA building survey can often reveal unpalatable truths […]
- Network Rail under fire over failure to stop spread of Japanese knotweedMore than 11,000 complaints have been made to Network […]