Call us now

I agree for Surveyor Local to contact me.


Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Buckinghamshire

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to Buckinghamshire with knowledge of the area. We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind and offers RICS HomeBuyer Reports, Building Surveys and Property Valuations.

Fast turnaround
Fast turnaround

The reports are a fast turnaround while still being accurate, so you'll have everything you need in no time.

RICS qualified
RICS qualified

You can trust our reports as they are all regulated by RICS, assuring standards and professional guidance.

Traffic-light ratings
Traffic-light ratings

Each report comes with a handy traffic-light system to illustrate all aspects of the property clearly.

Surveying in Buckinghamshire made easy with Surveyor Local

Are you planning to buy a property in Buckinghamshire.? Then one of the first things you'll need is a property survey. Getting a property survey doesn't have to be complicated. At Surveyor Local we can help you make an informed decision about any property you plan to buy.

We offer Homebuyer Reports (RICS Level 2), Building Surveys (RICS Level 3), and Property Valuations. So get things moving in a matter of moments with an online quote, call us on , or request a callback.

Arranging a building survey in Buckinghamshire

Found a property you want to buy and need to arrange a building survey in Buckinghamshire? No matter which part of this historic county you intend to purchase in, you can arrange the building survey you need through Surveyor Local.

From the biggest towns such as Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, High Wycombe and Beaconsfield to picturesque and historic spots including Fingest, Marlow and Great Missendon, Surveyor Local can arrange the essential Buckinghamshire building survey you need.

We only work with chartered Buckinghamshire surveyors registered with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to guarantee you the highest quality service at affordable prices.

Read on to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions about building surveys in Buckinghamshire.

How do I get a building survey quote in Buckinghamshire?

Getting a quote for a building survey in Buckinghamshire is simple and only takes a few minutes. Head to our online quote tool and enter a few details about yourself as well as the property. You'll get an instant quote on your screen and confirmation of your quote via email. You can also call Surveyor Local on Monday to Saturday,to get a quote in minutes and even arrange a callback at a time that's convenient to you.

What sort of survey should I instruct for a flat in Buckinghamshire?

Whatever type of property you intend to buy in Buckinghamshire, the decision on which building survey is best will depend on a number of factors. For example, a full structural survey known as a Building Survey (RICS Level 3) will provide a more in-depth examination and explanation of the fabric of a building. This might be more appropriate when buying a flat or apartment because the surveyor can be asked to provide an opinion on shared areas of a property, such as the roof area, hallways and stairwells.

We intend to buy a house in Buckinghamshire near a conservation area. Is there anything we should be aware of?

There are over 10,000 conservation areas in the UK which are overseen by local authorities. Surveyors in Buckinghamshire are required by RICS to possess knowledge of local area factors and any relation they have on the building. As a result of their protected status, property prices in conservation areas are typically higher than elsewhere. However, many conservation areas have been neglected and are in a poor state, mostly caused by unauthorised alterations to the fronts, roofs and chimneys of buildings. Buckinghamshire surveyors are expected to report whether the property looks to be within a conservation area.

A Buckinghamshire Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) will suggest additional due diligence and enquiries are raised as part of the legal process. Unapproved extensions that do not have local authority approval may also be noted in the survey - these should be concern for your lawyer.

Will a surveyor give details of any electrical defects?

Whether carrying out a HomeBuyer Report (RICS Level 2) examination or a Building Survey Surveys (RICS Level 3), a Buckinghamshire RICS chartered surveyor will look at the condition of the electrics, including an overview of the fuse board, its age and condition; any visible wiring; electrical fittings such as showers and light fittings. If the electrics are in an unsatisfactory or dangerous state of repair, the surveyor will highlight this. Where available, the surveyor will also examine any documentation from electrical wiring tests that have been carried out by an electrician.

Does the Buckinghamshire RICS surveyor investigate any flooding, or whether flooding has affected neighbouring properties?

A wide variety of factors can cause flooding damage, from inadequate drainage to rivers bursting. Insurance premiums can also be higher for homes in flood-risk areas. It is strongly recommended that action is taken before flooding occurs. The HomeBuyer Report (RICS Level 2) may also, where appropriate, advise on maintenance needs. The GroundSure Flood Report is one of several risk screening reports designed to provide an overview of whether a property lies within an area of potential or previous flood risk. Flooding issues will only be raised in Section J of a HomeBuyer Report (RICS Level 2) if the surveyor observes or has reason to suspect that the Buckinghamshire property is at risk.

Will a Buckinghamshire surveyor check out the state of repair of gas appliances?

Your surveyor will locate and visually survey the accessible parts of the gas system. Along with gas heaters, they will look at the condition of other gas associated installations, such as gas piping in loft spaces. External fittings or housings won't be detached. Anything related to gas should be handled with care as it can be hazardous. Should you have any worries about gas fittings or if you smell the distinctive smell of gas, call a gas engineer.

There may be a pest infestation at the property we're buying, but we cannot be certain. Will the Building Survey investigate this?

Pests like carpet beetle larvae may sometimes seem a small, even irrelevant, matter when buying in Buckinghamshire. This issue should be taken seriously. It may not be obvious if a property has a severe pest problem, as evidence can be overlooked. Mice can squeeze through even the smallest of gaps and holes and quickly spread disease through their droppings. Remedies to insect infestation can include destruction of tainted materials. RICS guidelines on the issue of pests are something of a 'grey-area', so any specific fears should be mentioned to your Buckinghamshire RICS surveyor.

What should we be aware of when buying a Buckinghamshire home near to a landfill site?

Thousands of landfill sites, holding commercial and domestic waste, affect many thousands of people in the UK. The risks associated with these sites include structural instability, which can for example be caused by leaking underground tanks from petrol stations. Surveys in Buckinghamshire will examine any structural problems connected with a nearby landfill. Your conveyancer will commission environmental searches with the Environmental Agency's databases as well as the Chiltern Local Authority and advise you of any issues. They will also let you know if the searches fail.

Arrange your Buckinghamshire building survey with Surveyor Local

Get an online quote or call now on to talk to our friendly team today. You can also request a callback at a time that's most convenient to you. We're open late Monday to Friday and from 10am until 4pm every Saturday.