Call us now

I agree for Surveyor Local to contact me.


Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Herefordshire

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to Herefordshire with knowledge of the area. We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind and offers RICS HomeBuyer Reports, Building Surveys and Property Valuations.

Fast turnaround
Fast turnaround

The reports are a fast turnaround while still being accurate, so you'll have everything you need in no time.

RICS qualified
RICS qualified

You can trust our reports as they are all regulated by RICS, assuring standards and professional guidance.

Traffic-light ratings
Traffic-light ratings

Each report comes with a handy traffic-light system to illustrate all aspects of the property clearly.

Surveying in Herefordshire made easy with Surveyor Local

Are you planning to buy a property in Herefordshire? Then one of the first things you'll need is a property survey. Getting a property survey doesn't have to be complicated. At Surveyor Local we can help you make an informed decision about any property you plan to buy.

We offer Homebuyer Reports (RICS Level 2), Building Surveys (RICS Level 3), and Property Valuations. So get things moving in a matter of moments with an online quote, call us on , or request a callback.

Arranging a building survey in Herefordshire

Found a property you want to buy and need to arrange a building survey in Herefordshire? No matter which part of this historic county you intend to purchase in, you can arrange the building survey you need through Surveyor Local.

From the biggest towns such as Leominster, Ross-on-Wye and Ledbury to picturesque and historic spots such as Castle Frome and Eardisland, Surveyor Local can arrange the essential Herefordshire building survey you need.

We only work with chartered Herefordshire surveyors registered with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to guarantee the highest quality service at affordable prices.

Read on to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions about building surveys in Herefordshire.

I'm buying a Victorian bungalow property, should I get a full building survey?

If you are buying an unusual type of property such as a period house a Building Surveys (RICS Level 3) is the right type of RICS survey suited to you. Following a thorough inspection of the home's accessible parts, this survey provides in depth details and often crucial information about the home's construction and uses as well as any maintenance needs. If there are any permanent, external buildings, these will also be surveyed as part of the survey.

Are there any things we should be aware of if buying a home in Herefordshire near a conservation area?

Property values tend to be higher in conservation areas because many period properties have retained their original character and these areas are largely unspoilt. However, many conservation areas have been neglected and are in a poor state, mostly caused by unauthorised alterations to the fronts, roofs and chimneys of buildings. Property surveyors are expected to report whether the property looks to be within a conservation area.

A Herefordshire Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) will suggest additional due diligence and enquiries are raised by your legal representation. Unapproved extensions that do not have Local Authority approval may also be noted in the survey.

A builder friend said there may be asbestos in the Herefordshire house I hope to buy. Will a survey show if asbestos is there?

Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibre that was used in building materials such as flooring and fireplace lining because of its resistance to heat. The product was also used as insulation in ceiling tiles. Asbestos is a hazardous substance, and prolonged exposure to its fibres can lead to lung cancer or asbestosis. Where asbestos is found, it must be removed by professionals who are licensed by the Health and Safety Executive. A Herefordshire chartered surveyor will not be able to confirm whether asbestos is present but will note any possibility of the fibre's use and advise where further investigation is required.

I am looking for brick chimney upkeep guidance. Can a surveyor assist?

Brick-walled Herefordshire structures can indicate both minor and serious issues, such as frost damaged pointing. These types of defects will be discussed in the surveyor's report, along with repair advice. One defect that surveyors of brick properties frequently address is frost damage, which, over time will cause bricks and mortar to disintegrate entirely. It may be appropriate to renegotiate the price of a property if a survey reveals even superficial brick wall problems.

Will a Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) go into detail on the general state of the electrical system?

Whether carrying out a Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) or a Building Survey (RICS Level 3), an East-Riding-of-Yorkshire chartered surveyor will look at the condition of the electrics, including an overview of the fuse board, its age and condition, any visible wiring, plus electrical fittings such as showers and light fittings. If the electrics are in an unsatisfactory or dangerous state of repair, the surveyor will highlight this in their subsequent report. The surveyor will also examine any documentation from electrical wiring tests carried out by an electrician where this is available.

Does a Herefordshire RICS surveyor check out the safety of the gas appliances?

A RICS surveyor will locate and visually check out any easily accessible parts of the system. For instance, the survey will include the location of the meter in addition to gas affiliated installations, such as fixed external ventilation hearths. If there are any gas fittings, they will not actually be taken off. The system will not be tested. Most people are aware that gas can be deadly and if there are any concerns relating to gas installations, call a gas safe engineer.

Does a Herefordshire surveyor investigate indications of flooding damage, or whether flooding has affected other properties?

A wide variety of factors can cause flooding, from inadequate drainage to tidal activity. Those planning to buy in affected areas should weigh up their exposure. It is strongly recommended that precautions are taken before flooding occurs, and a property surveyor will advise on repairs or preventative measures. The Homebuyers Survey (RICS Level 2) will also include details of any evidence of historical flooding and may comment generally about the area's propensity to flood. Flooding issues will only be raised in Section J of a Homebuyers Survey (RICS Level 2) if the residential surveyor observes or has reason to suspect that the property is at risk.

Are rainwater goods expensive to repair or replace?

Climate change is regularly in the news. However, the impact that heavy rain can have on Herefordshire buildings is rarely paid due attention. As an example, spattered mud around the bottom of downspouts can often mean that the drainage systems are damaged. Poor drainage can lead to penetrating damp. Fortunately, drainage problems are generally easy to resolve at a reasonable cost. However, if untreated or poorly maintained, the resulting damage can lower the value of the property and will get increasingly difficult to successfully resolve.

Arrange your Herefordshire building survey with Surveyor Local

Get an online quote or call now on to talk to our friendly team today. You can also request a callback at a time that's most convenient to you. We're open late Monday to Friday and from 10am until 4pm every Saturday.