Call us now

I agree for Surveyor Local to contact me.


Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Merseyside

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to Merseyside with knowledge of the area. We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind and offers RICS HomeBuyer Reports, Building Surveys and Property Valuations.

Fast turnaround
Fast turnaround

The reports are a fast turnaround while still being accurate, so you'll have everything you need in no time.

RICS qualified
RICS qualified

You can trust our reports as they are all regulated by RICS, assuring standards and professional guidance.

Traffic-light ratings
Traffic-light ratings

Each report comes with a handy traffic-light system to illustrate all aspects of the property clearly.

Surveying in Merseyside made easy with Surveyor Local

Are you planning to buy a property in Merseyside? Then one of the first things you'll need is a property survey. Getting a property survey doesn't have to be complicated. At Surveyor Local we can help you make an informed decision about any property you plan to buy.

We offer Homebuyer Reports (RICS Level 2), Building Surveys (RICS Level 3), and Property Valuations. So get things moving in a matter of moments with an online quote, call us on , or request a callback.

Arranging a building survey in Merseyside

Found a property you want to buy and need to arrange a building survey in Merseyside? No matter which part of this historic county you intend to purchase in, you can arrange the building survey you need through Surveyor Local.

From the biggest towns such as Birkenhead, Southport and St Helens to picturesque and historic spots such as Crosby and Heswall, Surveyor Local can arrange the essential Merseyside building survey you need.

We only work with chartered Merseyside surveyors registered with the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) to guarantee the highest quality service at affordable prices.

Read on to find the answers to our most frequently asked questions about building surveys in Merseyside.

I intend to buy mid-terraced property in Merseyside.What sort of survey should I instruct?

Whatever type of property you intend to buy in Merseyside, the decision on which building survey is best will depend on a number of factors. For example, a full structural survey known as a Building Survey (RICS Level 3) will provide a more in-depth examination and explanation of the fabric of a building. This might be more appropriate when buying a flat or apartment because the surveyor can be asked to provide an opinion on shared areas of a property, such as the roof area, hallways and stairwells.

The electrics in the Merseyside property we're buying on are very old. Does a surveyor look at the safety of the wiring?

Whether carrying out a Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) or a Building Survey (RICS Level 3), a Merseyside chartered surveyor will look at the condition of the electrics, including an overview of the fuse board, its age and condition, any visible wiring, plus electrical fittings such as showers and light fittings. If the electrics are in an unsatisfactory or dangerous state of repair, the surveyor will highlight this in their subsequent report. The surveyor will also examine any documentation from electrical wiring tests carried out by an electrician where this is available.

Are there any problems we should check out before buying a property in the vicinity of a Merseyside conservation area?

Property values tend to be higher in Merseyside conservation areas because many period properties have retained their original character and these areas are largely unspoilt. However, many conservation areas have been neglected and are in a poor state, mostly caused by unauthorised alterations to the fronts, roofs and chimneys of buildings. Property surveyors are expected to report whether the property looks to be within a conservation area. A Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2) will suggest additional due diligence and enquiries are raised by your legal representation. Unapproved extensions that do not have Local Authority approval may also be noted in the survey.

I'm buying a Merseyside property that hasn't been renovated in decades, and I'm concerned there may be asbestos in the interior roof tiles. Will a survey show if asbestos is there?

A Building Survey (RICS Level 3) will not be able to confirm whether asbestos is present, but the surveyor will note any possibility of the fibre's use and advise where further investigation is required. Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibre that was used in building materials such as flooring and fireplace lining because of its resistance to heat. The product was also used as insulation in ceiling tiles. Asbestos is a hazardous substance, and prolonged exposure to its fibres can lead to lung cancer or asbestosis. Where asbestos is found, it must be removed by professionals who are licensed by the Health and Safety Executive.

I am worried about vermin in the Birkenhead building we plan to buy. How do we investigate further?

Properties are not usually impacted by serious cases of pests. However, if you do have specific concerns, this issue should be taken seriously, and you should seek professional advice. An affected home may not always be easy to identify, and remedies can take time. So, if you opt to proceed with the purchase, check with a specialist about how long treatment is likely to take. Your chartered Merseyside surveyor may report on signs of infestation, especially if you have raised your concerns beforehand.

Does a RICS surveyor check out the safety of the gas appliances?

A RICS surveyor will locate and visually check out any easily accessible parts of the system. For instance, the survey will include the location of the meter in addition to gas affiliated installations, such as fixed external ventilation hearths. If there are any gas fittings, they will not actually be taken off. The system will not be tested. Most people are aware that gas can be deadly and if there are any concerns relating to gas installations, call a gas safe engineer.

We're intending to buy in Merseyside. Is there a flood risk, and will a survey search for possible flood damage?

As with many aspects of home ownership, flood prevention is better and cheaper than a cure. Flooding can increase the likelihood of water entering a Blaenau Gwent property, such as via seepage through walls. Details relating to signs of flooding may be reported in Section J of the Homebuyer Report (RICS Level 2). The Environment Agency also publishes details of previous flood warnings.

What should we be aware of if buying a Merseyside home near to a landfill site?

Thousands of landfill sites, holding commercial and domestic waste, affect many thousands of people in the UK. The risks associated with these sites include structural instability, which can be caused by leaking underground tanks from petrol stations, for example. People suffering gastrointestinal problems have also been associated with landfill sites. Merseyside surveyors will examine any structural problems connected with a nearby landfill. Your conveyancer will commission environmental searches with the Environmental Agency's databases as well your local authority and advise you of any issues. They will also let you know if the searches fail.

Arrange your Merseyside building survey with Surveyor Local

Get an online quote or call now on to talk to our friendly team today. You can also request a callback at a time that's most convenient to you. We're open late Monday to Friday and from 10am until 4pm every Saturday.