Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Bourne End

We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind about your future property, and offers RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey and Property Valuations.

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to you with local knowledge of the area.

  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS qualified surveyor
  • Can help you negotiate on the property price
  • Thorough and accurate report
  • Clear traffic-light ratings for all aspects of the property
Survey Quote in 60 Seconds

We will never share or misuse your details.

Enter your details correctly to ensure your quote is valid

Home Buyers Survey in Bourne End

  • Next day bookings available
  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS surveyors in Bourne End

The content of survey reports will vary considerably due to factors including the age, type, location and condition of the property, and materials used in its construction.

Click preferred survey type to begin download.

Download sample RICS Level 2 Survey  RICS Level 2 Survey sample
Download sample RICS Level 3 Survey  RICS Level 3 Survey sample
Download sample Property Valuation  Property Valuation sample

Survey reports can be large files containing many photos of a property. On slower connections these files may take a short while to download.

Do you need a Home Buyers Survey? Which survey is the right choice?

  • House suitable for a RICS Level 2 Survey

    RICS Level 2 Survey in Bourne End

    The RICS Level 2 Survey is the best choice if planning to purchase a home made of conventional materials i.e. brick & tile, in reasonable order and built in the last 100 years. Find out more

  • Property suitable for a RICS Level 3 Survey

    RICS Level 3 Survey in Bourne End

    The RICS Level 3 Survey (often referred to as a Full Structural Survey in Bourne End) will also be carried out by a MRICS or FRICS accredited surveyor and is more exhaustive. Choose this for non standard property such as thatched or older homes. Find out more

  • Surveyor carrying out a Property Valuation

    Property Valuation Report in Bourne End

    This is an independent chartered surveyor valuation of the property. This is typically chosen by mortgage free buyers or someone requiring a formal valuation e.g. matrimonial dispute. Find out more


Bourne End Surveyors

"Surveyor Local were fast, affordable and thorough. I couldn't fault them in any way."

Home Surveys in Bourne End

RICS Chartered Surveyors with coverage in Bourne End and throughout every county of England and Wales.

Bourne End Surveyors

About Us

Home Buyers Survey in Bourne End

RICS Level 2 Survey

Is it best to get a Full Structural Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey or RICS Level 2 Survey for a house in Bourne End and which one would be the cheapest?

The Full Structural Survey is now called a RICS Level 3 Survey but is effectively the same level of survey.

If the Bourne End property is a flat, or was built before 1900, or has been extended or modified, or is of non standard construction (i.e. not made of bricks), RICS advise the cheaper RICS Level 2 Survey.

If you are planning to do any works or an extension, you should you select a RICS Level 3 Survey. This option is less cheap but it will offer exhaustive analysis of the Bourne End property's general condition as well as including information on defects and maintenance options .

For more information get a Bourne End Homebuyers Survey Quote or call us 0800 022 4428 to speak to a member of our team.

Wall cracks caused by subsidence

We are planning to buy a apartment in Bourne End and spotted the driveway surface is broken and uneven, could this be evidence of subsidence? What subsidence-related matters will the Surveyor consider?

Movement of the foundations of a home is called subsidence. However, there is a difference between settlement and subsidence. In some older homes cracks are revealed in warmer weather[ that close up in the winter] when the materials absorb moisture. These cracks are usually completely harmless. Subsidence is the result of a number of common issues. One such issue is that soil on sloping ground is not as stable as that sitting on horizontal ground. In very wet or flooded conditions, the soil layer could then become unsteady and begin to slide downward. On the inside, keep an eye out for fresh cracks in brick or plaster.

Restoration work cannot begin until the original source of the movement is found. The removal of trees may make the problem worse, however, so professional advice should be sought. In some more serious situations, underpinning may be necessary. Underpinning is a lengthy process used to stabilise the foundations of a property, and is required in around a quarter of subsidence matters. Structural brickwork may need to be dismantled and rebuilt, or more cosmetic areas can effectively be repaired with resin filling in the cracks. This can also be time-consuming, and inconvenient. If the surveyor cannot give you a conclusive diagnosis, they will recommend that you engage the services of a structural engineer.

Landfill site near home

What should we be concerned about if buying a building next to a rubbish tip

Landfill Sites come in many shapes and sizes for example: inert waste material. Nobody would want to live near one (most people do live within 1.5m of one!). Risks might include chemicals like dioxins. Health problems such as congenital birth defects have been associated to landfill sites .

RICS Level 3 Survey and valuations in Bourne End will flag up structural issues resulting from the landfill. Your lawyer will commission environmental searches of the British Geological databases as well as Wycombe Local Authority and give you the results of the search .

Shocking Electrics

When we saw the unmodernised property we expect to purchase, it appeared that there could be corrosion of the wiring. will the Bourne End surveyor write anything on the electrical system?

When conducting a Home Survey in Bourne End a qualified surveyor will report on the electrics if it is obvious that they are in an unsafe state of repair. This should include a by sight inspection (without removing any fittings) of open or exposed sections of the wiring or fusebox as well as things, for example whether there is an on-peak/off-peak mains supply. A check for the documents from the most recent Periodic Inspection Report conducted by a suitably qualified electrician will form part of the survey. Looking at any evidence of a test on the condition of the electrical connections handled by a suitably qualified electrician will usually be part of the survey.

The IEE recommend a PIR is carried out every ten years (or every 5 if renting out).