Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Camden

We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind about your future property, and offers RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey and Property Valuations.

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to you with local knowledge of the area.

  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS qualified surveyor
  • Can help you negotiate on the property price
  • Thorough and accurate report
  • Clear traffic-light ratings for all aspects of the property
Survey Quote in 60 Seconds

We will never share or misuse your details.

Enter your details correctly to ensure your quote is valid

Home Buyers Survey in Camden

  • Next day bookings available
  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS surveyors in Camden

The content of survey reports will vary considerably due to factors including the age, type, location and condition of the property, and materials used in its construction.

Click preferred survey type to begin download.

Download sample RICS Level 2 Survey  RICS Level 2 Survey sample
Download sample RICS Level 3 Survey  RICS Level 3 Survey sample
Download sample Property Valuation  Property Valuation sample

Survey reports can be large files containing many photos of a property. On slower connections these files may take a short while to download.

Do you need a Home Buyers Survey? Which survey is the right choice?

  • House suitable for a RICS Level 2 Survey

    RICS Level 2 Survey in Camden

    The RICS Level 2 Survey is the best choice if planning to purchase a home made of conventional materials i.e. brick & tile, in reasonable order and built in the last 100 years. Find out more

  • Property suitable for a RICS Level 3 Survey

    RICS Level 3 Survey in Camden

    The RICS Level 3 Survey (often referred to as a Full Structural Survey in Camden) will also be carried out by a MRICS or FRICS accredited surveyor and is more exhaustive. Choose this for non standard property such as thatched or older homes. Find out more

  • Surveyor carrying out a Property Valuation

    Property Valuation Report in Camden

    This is an independent chartered surveyor valuation of the property. This is typically chosen by mortgage free buyers or someone requiring a formal valuation e.g. matrimonial dispute. Find out more


Camden Surveyors

"Surveyor Local were fast, affordable and thorough. I couldn't fault them in any way."

Home Surveys in Camden

RICS Chartered Surveyors with coverage in Camden and throughout every county of England and Wales.

Camden Surveyors

About Us

Home Buyers Survey in Camden

RICS Level 2 Survey

Should I go for a RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey or Full Structural Survey on a property in Camden and which one is the cheapest?

The Full Structural Survey has been updated to a RICS Level 3 Survey, although it is basically the same the same comprehensive survey.

If the Camden property is an apartment, or was built before 1900, or has been extended or modified, or is built of unusual materials, then RICS recommend a cheaper RICS Level 2 Survey.

If you intend to make any works or an extension, it would be better that you go for a RICS Level 3 Survey. This option is less cheap however it does give you a thorough analysis of the Camden property's general condition as well as including an opinion on defects as well as maintenance options .

For more details why not get a Camden Homebuyers Survey Quote or call us 0800 022 4428 to speak to one of our advisers.

RICS Level 3 Survey on houses

If buying a derelict regency mid terrace property, do I need to spend a bit more on a full structural survey?

Full Structural Surveys was recently renamed as RICS Level 3 Survey. Choose a RICS Level 3 Survey for the property described. The RICS Level 2 Survey is appropriate if investigating a mid century or later unmodified home of standard construction materials and methods. You should be aware of certain survey no go areas are integral with any survey because your surveyor will not be able to open up the structure of the property nor can he/she assess the serviceability of energy sources.

Wall cracks caused by subsidence

The estate agent mentioned subsidence is a problem impacting the apartment. What are the risks, and what can be done to resolve subsidence if it is identified?

Movement of a home on a structural level is called subsidence. A builder should return to a new home after six months to make good any settlement cracks.

In areas where clay soil is common, drought can cause the water table to drop. This dries out and shrinks the clay, pulling on the building's structure and causing movement. In extreme conditions, movement can worsen, leading to subsidence.

Identifying the cause of subsidence is the first step to its solution. It is vital to arrest any further movement, or risk of movement. In some more serious situations, underpinning may be necessary. Underpinning the foundations will usually stop the foundations from further movement. It is, however, a time-consuming and costly process. If the load-bearing parts of the property have been damaged, these may be repaired with steel rods, fixed into place with cement to restore the structural integrity of the building. If the surveyor cannot give you a conclusive diagnosis, they will recommend that you engage the services of a structural engineer.