Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Meliden

We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind about your future property, and offers RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey and Property Valuations.

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to you with local knowledge of the area.

  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS qualified surveyor
  • Can help you negotiate on the property price
  • Thorough and accurate report
  • Clear traffic-light ratings for all aspects of the property
Survey Quote in 60 Seconds

We will never share or misuse your details.

Enter your details correctly to ensure your quote is valid

Home Buyers Survey in Meliden

  • Next day bookings available
  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS surveyors in Meliden

The content of survey reports will vary considerably due to factors including the age, type, location and condition of the property, and materials used in its construction.

Click preferred survey type to begin download.

Download sample RICS Level 2 Survey  RICS Level 2 Survey sample
Download sample RICS Level 3 Survey  RICS Level 3 Survey sample
Download sample Property Valuation  Property Valuation sample

Survey reports can be large files containing many photos of a property. On slower connections these files may take a short while to download.

Do you need a Home Buyers Survey? Which survey is the right choice?

  • House suitable for a RICS Level 2 Survey

    RICS Level 2 Survey in Meliden

    The RICS Level 2 Survey is the best choice if planning to purchase a home made of conventional materials i.e. brick & tile, in reasonable order and built in the last 100 years. Find out more

  • Property suitable for a RICS Level 3 Survey

    RICS Level 3 Survey in Meliden

    The RICS Level 3 Survey (often referred to as a Full Structural Survey in Meliden) will also be carried out by a MRICS or FRICS accredited surveyor and is more exhaustive. Choose this for non standard property such as thatched or older homes. Find out more

  • Surveyor carrying out a Property Valuation

    Property Valuation Report in Meliden

    This is an independent chartered surveyor valuation of the property. This is typically chosen by mortgage free buyers or someone requiring a formal valuation e.g. matrimonial dispute. Find out more


Meliden Surveyors

"Surveyor Local were fast, affordable and thorough. I couldn't fault them in any way."

Home Surveys in Meliden

RICS Chartered Surveyors with coverage in Meliden and throughout every county of England and Wales.

Meliden Surveyors

About Us

Home Buyers Survey in Meliden

RICS Level 2 Survey

Is it best to opt for a RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey or Full Structural Survey on a house in Meliden and which one would be the cheapest?

The Full Structural Survey is now called a RICS Level 3 Survey but is basically the same the same level of survey.

If the Meliden property is an apartment, or is over 100 years old, or has been extended or modified, or is of non standard construction, you should go for the cheaper RICS Level 2 Survey.

If you are thinking about whether to do any significant alterations, RICS advise you carry out a RICS Level 3 Survey instead. The RICS Level 3 Survey is less cheap, however it will provide you with comprehensive details of the Meliden property's condition as well as including advice on defects as well as maintenance options .

For more details you can get a Meliden Home Survey Quote on our website or call us 0800 022 4428 to speak to one of our advisers.

Timber damage by insect larvae

Will pests affect the purchase price of a house - Do we need a property surveyor?

Infestations can range from the mild and harmless, to the seriously harmful. Signs may not be obvious. As an example, woodworm can be extremely destructive, but fortunately their 'tunnels' in timber and wood furniture are usually quite easy to spot. Treatment for an infestation may include professional cleaning and removal or excision of affected timber.RICS guidelines on the issue of infestations are something of a 'grey-area', so specific fears should be mentioned to your Meliden surveyor.

Landfill site near home

What should I be wary of when buying a flat next to a landfill site

Sites used for landfill take many forms e.g. hazardous refuse disposal. Of course nobody ideally wants to live near one (4/5 people live near one). Risks might include leaking underground tanks from petrol stations for example .

Meliden surveyors will note any structural defects linked to the landfill. Your conveyancing solicitor will carry out environmental searches of the British Geological database and Denbighshire Local Authority and inform you if the search uncovers a local landfill site .

Wall cracks caused by subsidence

The estate agent mentioned subsidence has been a problem. What subsidence-related defects will my RICS Level 3 Survey inspect?

Subsidence is movement in a structure's foundations. In most cases, subsidence can be remedied. In the case of new builds, the builder should return to a new structure after six months in order to repair settlement damage.

There are a number of factors capable of causing subsidence to Meliden homes. The roots of [trees and bushes], for example, undermining foundations. This particularly in clay-rich soil, as moisture is taken up from the ground by trees. Inside the house, keep an eye out for new or growing cracks in exterior brickwork.

Finding the cause of any subsidence is key.This is not always as costly as some buyers fear.Though tree roots are often the cause, removal of this plant life may make the problem worse, so professional advice should be sought. Existing trees must be well managed, and new trees should be planted at a safe distance from the exterior walls of the property. Oak and elm trees must be located well away from the property, at least 30m. Structural brickwork may need to be dismantled and rebuilt, or more cosmetic areas can effectively be repaired with resin filling in the cracks. This can also be time-consuming, and inconvenient. Chartered surveyors should be able to identify a subsidence problem, while structural engineers may also be required.