Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Upper Holloway

We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind about your future property, and offers RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey and Property Valuations.

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to you with local knowledge of the area.

  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS qualified surveyor
  • Can help you negotiate on the property price
  • Thorough and accurate report
  • Clear traffic-light ratings for all aspects of the property
Survey Quote in 60 Seconds

We will never share or misuse your details.

Enter your details correctly to ensure your quote is valid

Home Buyers Survey in Upper Holloway

  • Next day bookings available
  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS surveyors in Upper Holloway

The content of survey reports will vary considerably due to factors including the age, type, location and condition of the property, and materials used in its construction.

Click preferred survey type to begin download.

Download sample RICS Level 2 Survey  RICS Level 2 Survey sample
Download sample RICS Level 3 Survey  RICS Level 3 Survey sample
Download sample Property Valuation  Property Valuation sample

Survey reports can be large files containing many photos of a property. On slower connections these files may take a short while to download.

Do you need a Home Buyers Survey? Which survey is the right choice?

  • House suitable for a RICS Level 2 Survey

    RICS Level 2 Survey in Upper Holloway

    The RICS Level 2 Survey is the best choice if planning to purchase a home made of conventional materials i.e. brick & tile, in reasonable order and built in the last 100 years. Find out more

  • Property suitable for a RICS Level 3 Survey

    RICS Level 3 Survey in Upper Holloway

    The RICS Level 3 Survey (often referred to as a Full Structural Survey in Upper Holloway) will also be carried out by a MRICS or FRICS accredited surveyor and is more exhaustive. Choose this for non standard property such as thatched or older homes. Find out more

  • Surveyor carrying out a Property Valuation

    Property Valuation Report in Upper Holloway

    This is an independent chartered surveyor valuation of the property. This is typically chosen by mortgage free buyers or someone requiring a formal valuation e.g. matrimonial dispute. Find out more


Upper Holloway Surveyors

"Surveyor Local were fast, affordable and thorough. I couldn't fault them in any way."

Home Surveys in Upper Holloway

RICS Chartered Surveyors with coverage in Upper Holloway and throughout every county of England and Wales.

Upper Holloway Surveyors

About Us

Home Buyers Survey in Upper Holloway

RICS Level 2 Survey

Should we get a RICS Level 2 Survey, Full Structural Survey or RICS Level 3 Survey on a house in Upper Holloway and which one is the cheapest?

The Full Structural Survey has been updated to a RICS Level 3 Survey but is essentially the same survey.

If the Upper Holloway property is a flat or maisonette, or was built before 1900, or has been substantially modified, or is of non standard construction (i.e. not made of bricks), then RICS recommend a cheaper RICS Level 2 Survey.

If you are planning to carry out any alterations, RICS recommend you carry out a RICS Level 3 Survey. This more detailed survey is less cheap however it does give you exhaustive analysis of the Upper Holloway property's general condition and it includes information on defects as well as maintenance options .

For further advice you can get a Upper Holloway Home Survey Quote via our website or call us 0800 022 4428 to speak to a member of our team.

Wall cracks caused by subsidence

The seller mentioned subsidence might be an issue. What subsidence information does the Upper Holloway RICS Level 3 Survey include?

Subsidence refers to the movement of a home and its foundations. Home buyers can confuse subsidence with settlement. Settlement will often occur in more modern homes, and is rarely a cause for concern. The structure's weight can cause the ground beneath the foundations to compact. In contrast to subsidence, $heave$ can occur when a tree has been removed moisture builds up in the soil, causing the soil to swell, forcing the foundations above upwards, and can be as destructive as subsidence.

Subsidence can result from several issues, some common throughout Upper Holloway. One such issue is that soil on ground which slopes downward is not as stable as that sitting flat. In very wet or flooded conditions, the soil layer could then become unsteady and start to slip downhill. Signs of potential subsidence include new or growing cracks in exterior brickwork.

Identifying what has caused the subsidence is a necessary first step. It has been estimated that around 70 per cent of cases of subsidence are caused by tree roots taking the moisture out of the soil. In serious cases, underpinning may be required. Underpinning the foundations will usually stop the foundations from further movement. It is, however, a time-consuming and costly process. A surveyor will be able to recommend who to speak to about the best course of action, when it comes to tree removal.

RICS Level 3 Survey on houses

Do I need to choose a full structural survey if buying a doer-upper sixties cottage near Upper Holloway as an alternative to a RICS Level 2 Survey?

Conventionally still referred to as a Structural Survey by some, it is now defunct and and has been renamed by RICS(Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors) and the right name is now the RICS Level 3 Survey. If you are planning to buy an unusual Upper Holloway property e.g. a tatty house, this is the right survey to choose. It will provide often crucial professional advice concerning the property's construction materials in addition to any technical details, shortly after a thorough inspection of the accessible parts of the house. There are one or two limitations with the survey insofar as RICS chartered surveyor is not in a position to force or open up the fabric of the Upper Holloway property e.g. moving heavy furniture.

Traditionally built property

What do I need to investigate when buying an old building? What should be budgeted for upkeep?

Vernacular architecture can concern buyers. Upper Holloway homes built using traditional or "vernacular" techniques can be challenging to upkeep. It is often the case that specialist knowledge is necessary. Traditional materials may also need to be sourced. Speak to the surveyor for more detail.

Gas flame

Will a chartered surveyor advise on the safety of the gas mains supply?

A local surveyor will visually look at any accessible parts of the gas system. A surveyor will want to inspect the mains gas installation as part of the survey, as well as gas affiliated fittings e.g. the condition of gas piping in loft spaces. The Upper Holloway qualified RICS surveyor won't remove any fittings nor will the surveyor run any tests on the system or appliances. Most people are aware that gas is potentially dangerous, should there be any concerns relating to gas installations, contact a gas safe engineer.

Gas Safe Register firms in Upper Holloway include Go Gas of 19A Prospero Road, Islington, London Tel. 07986329204 and Peake Heating of 101, Lady Margaret Road, London Tel. 07915 644069.

The Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998 stipulate landlords have to complete appliance and installation inspections annually and punishments for failure to comply are severe .