Get a free instant quote for a property survey in Wolverton

We work with RICS qualified surveyors around the country who offer high quality property surveys at a great price. Surveyor Local gives you piece of mind about your future property, and offers RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey and Property Valuations.

The surveyor who produces your report will be local to you with local knowledge of the area.

  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS qualified surveyor
  • Can help you negotiate on the property price
  • Thorough and accurate report
  • Clear traffic-light ratings for all aspects of the property
Survey Quote in 60 Seconds

We will never share or misuse your details.

Enter your details correctly to ensure your quote is valid

Home Buyers Survey in Wolverton

  • Next day bookings available
  • Fast turnaround of report
  • RICS surveyors in Wolverton

The content of survey reports will vary considerably due to factors including the age, type, location and condition of the property, and materials used in its construction.

Click preferred survey type to begin download.

Download sample RICS Level 2 Survey  RICS Level 2 Survey sample
Download sample RICS Level 3 Survey  RICS Level 3 Survey sample
Download sample Property Valuation  Property Valuation sample

Survey reports can be large files containing many photos of a property. On slower connections these files may take a short while to download.

Do you need a Home Buyers Survey? Which survey is the right choice?

  • House suitable for a RICS Level 2 Survey

    RICS Level 2 Survey in Wolverton

    The RICS Level 2 Survey is the best choice if planning to purchase a home made of conventional materials i.e. brick & tile, in reasonable order and built in the last 100 years. Find out more

  • Property suitable for a RICS Level 3 Survey

    RICS Level 3 Survey in Wolverton

    The RICS Level 3 Survey (often referred to as a Full Structural Survey in Wolverton) will also be carried out by a MRICS or FRICS accredited surveyor and is more exhaustive. Choose this for non standard property such as thatched or older homes. Find out more

  • Surveyor carrying out a Property Valuation

    Property Valuation Report in Wolverton

    This is an independent chartered surveyor valuation of the property. This is typically chosen by mortgage free buyers or someone requiring a formal valuation e.g. matrimonial dispute. Find out more


Wolverton Surveyors

"Surveyor Local were fast, affordable and thorough. I couldn't fault them in any way."

Home Surveys in Wolverton

RICS Chartered Surveyors with coverage in Wolverton and throughout every county of England and Wales.

Wolverton Surveyors

About Us

Home Buyers Survey in Wolverton

RICS Level 2 Survey

Should we book a RICS Level 2 Survey, RICS Level 3 Survey or Full Structural Survey on a house in Wolverton and which would be cheaper?

The Full Structural Survey is now called a RICS Level 3 Survey, although it is effectively the same level of survey.

If the Wolverton property is a flat, or is a period property, or has been structurally modified, or is built of unusual materials (e.g. timber frame), you should choose the cheaper RICS Level 2 Survey.

If you are thinking about whether to carry out significant alterations, you should you opt for a RICS Level 3 Survey instead. This survey is less cheap however it will give you comprehensive details of the Wolverton property's condition in addition to more detailed advice on defects as well as maintenance options .

For further advice you can get a Wolverton Home Survey Quote via our website or call 0800 022 4428 to speak to a member of our team.

Substandard guttering

For the Wolverton RICS Level 2 Survey, what effect will a green light rating have on rainwater pipes and gutters?

Green, or condition rating 1, indicates that no repair is currently needed. Elements of Section E marked as condition rating 1 may however still require regular maintenance. The format of the RICS Level 2 Survey is clear and easy to read, and avoid potentially unfamiliar technical language. The report employs 'traffic light' ratings of red, amber and green the severity of any defects or points of interest included in the report. External areas covered by E3 are inspected visually. This section does not include any defects in a combined system. Too few roof drains, for example, is included in Section E.

Wall cracks caused by subsidence

A neighbour has suggested subsidence is an issue affecting the house. What are the risks, and what can be done to remedy subsidence if it is identified?

Subsidence refers to the movement of a house and its foundations. Subsidence may be confused with settlement. Settlement does occur in newer houses, and is rarely a cause for concern. The structure's weight can cause the ground beneath the foundations to compact, this should quickly settle. In some older houses cracks appear in the Summer[ that close up in the winter] when the materials draw in water, but cracks like these are generally benign.

Subsidence results from a range of factors. For example, water leaking from a broken drainage will clear away soil supporting the building structure. This reduces the volume of the subsoil, allowing the weight of the property to distort the supporting ground. A sudden change in the weather can also impact a house susceptible to further settlement, either as a result of poor construction, materials or existing damage.

The root cause of any subsidence must be found before repairs can commence. Removing or even pruning the tree(s) causing subsidence may be enough to halt any further movement. Existing trees must be well managed, and new trees should be planted at a safe distance from the exterior walls of the property. Place pine, birch and cherry trees, for example, at least 10m away. In some more serious situations, underpinning may be necessary. Underpinning is a lengthy process used to stabilise the foundations of a property, and is required in around a quarter of subsidence matters. If the load-bearing parts of the property have been damaged, these may be repaired with steel rods, fixed into place with cement to restore the structural integrity of the building. If the surveyor cannot give you a conclusive diagnosis, they will recommend that you engage the services of a structural engineer.