- how we collect your personal information;
- what personal information we collect;
- how we use your personal information;
- who we share your personal information with; and
- your rights under General Data Protection Regulation.
WHO WE AREWe are Fitzalan Partners Limited (company number 07314708), and our registered address is Bevan House, Kettering Parkway, Kettering Venture Park, Kettering, NN15 6XR (referred to as “we” or “us” or “our”). We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number Z2607836 for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”). Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at [email protected]. This policy (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. A reference to “you” or “your” is a reference to a user of our site and/or our services.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOUWe may obtain personal information from you through our websites. If you request a callback or if you call us directly will store the information you give us. All calls to our contact centre are recorded for training and regulatory purposes.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECTInformation about you and your property enquiry The information we collect may include your name, address, contact details (such as email address and phone number) and any other information relevant to your property enquiry.
Website CookiesA cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer or device. Cookies help us to:
- understand browsing habits on our sites;
- understand the number of visitors to our sites and the pages visited;
- Temporarily store users’ responses to interactive forms on our website, such as “Contact us”;
- Recall users’ information when they return our site. This is necessary to provide certain services.
- Temporary “session cookies” which are deleted when you close your web browser.
- “Persistent cookies” which store your personal preferences to make subsequent visits easier and faster, and to remember responses given during earlier visits. These are stored on your computer until you delete them, or they expire.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONWe use your information:
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- when you consent to us doing so, to pass on or make available your enquiries to our panel solicitors and/or surveyors to help them communicate with you directly and to provide their service to you;
- to allow you to participate in the interactive services available on our site or to participate in surveys or marketing campaigns via our site, email or telephone;
- to contact you via third party review sites for your views on our services;
- to contact you to notify you occasionally about important changes to our terms and conditions or this policy or developments to our site or our services; and
- to deliver relevant advertising to you whilst you are on our site.
Marketing and communicationSometimes we may use your personal information to provide marketing messages to you or allow us to communicate with you to check on the progress of your property transaction. We will always seek your consent before doing so and you can opt out of marketing and other communications at any time by contacting us on the details under the “Contact us” section of this policy. We may use your information:
- to provide direct marketing advertisements and communications to you via email, text, post or telephone or via our panel solicitors and/or surveyors;
- to contact you to request your feedback on us and our panel solicitors and/or surveyors; and
- to monitor the effectiveness of our direct marketing communications and your responses to it.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATIONOnly if you have provided the necessary consent, we will share your personal information with:
- our panel solicitor and/or surveyor firms so they can provide services to you where applicable.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and to ensure that it is user-friendly and performing correctly.